Sleepman is the first of its kind to combine sleep optimization and functions to prevent daytime drowsiness with concentration-loss alerts. This Kickstarter project is a new age sleep wearable that uses Electro-Dermal Activity (EDA) sensors to read biosignals from the wrist. Biosignals provide insights into activity patterns at all hours, awake or not. Dr. Alexander Praskovsky, the founder of Sleepman, has been working on this project for more than two years with the intention of improving sleep for consumers.
This wearable is worn around the wrist to read the biosignals, and the features of the Sleepman are:
● Doze-off alert: Alerts drivers when losing focus to prevent nodding off
● Biosmart alarm: Monitors brain signals to wake up at the optimal time during sleep cycle, or within 20 minutes of your alarm
● Power nap: Alerts nappers prior to falling into deep sleep
● Sleep Tracker: Visual data of sleep and activity patterns
● Panic alarm: Connects wearer with help when in trouble
● Heart Rate Monitor
Car accidents are becoming increasingly common due to driver drowsiness. This is the first device to offer assistance for drivers in case they ever find themselves in this predicament. If sleeping at the right time is essential for your health, in particular, those with high-stress, high-risk jobs, like pilots and doctors. Are you an athlete whose performance is dependent on their level of rest, then this could be a great addition device to incorporate into your training regime.
With 25 days left in the Kickstarter campaign, the Sleepman has raised more than $43,000 with 277 backers. Pledge now for some big discounts on your own Sleepman! Otherwise, expect this product to launch in 2017!