Samsung Gear S2: Crafted for Comfort and Style
by Cameron Winslow | November 4, 2016 12:47 pm
Samsung smartwatches have been around for quite some time, but none of them have been as well received as Samsung Gear S2. Even the toughest Samsung critics agree that this smartwatch is intuitive, compatible, and stylishly desirable.
The S2 looks like a Swatch, works nicely even with rival Android smartphones, and is priced competitively MSRP$249.99. For those who are in the market for a smartwatch that will transition from the gym to the office seamlessly delivering a sharp corporate look, an upscale Gear S2 Classic is available MSRP$299.99.
The more elegant Classic range features a ridged bezel, a proper leather strap, and a smaller body combine—and it’s only $50 more expensive than the standard S2 model.
Essential Reading: Samsung Gear S2 Comprehensive Review, Top 5 Charms of Samsung Gear S2
The Gear S2 features a rotating bezel that provides an intuitive and almost addictive manner of interaction with the watch. Thanks to UI design improvements, the S2 allows you to switch between apps, change volume or brightness, or cycle back to notifications even when you haven’t looked down yet. Your finger can control everything on the right half of the bezel, so you’ll always see the entire display.
Samsung Gear S2 also features a sharp and bright 1.2-inch Super AMOLED screen, which is smaller than what you will find on other smartwatches, giving it a retro charm.
The 360 x 360-pixel screen has a pixel density of 302ppi—quite impressive resolution—so you can set the font to the smallest setting to see more notifications or messages on one screen as you scroll.
This added “real estate” on the face of the watch is a benefit for those who want the option of multiple functions displayed at once.
Want to know about the latest Samsung Gear S3? Read our hands on review here
What sets Samsung Gear 2 apart from other smartwatches are its superior health and fitness features. Step counting is super accurate so you can have confidence all your hard work will not go unnoticed. Users can easily set goals in the smartphone app and the smartwatch’s ‘S Health’ provides graphics to tell you about how well you are progressing.
The Gear S2 vibrates to remind you that you’ve been sitting for way too long. You get alerts when you achieve your step target. You can even use the watch to keep track of the water or cups of coffee you’ve had over the course of the day (the number might surprise most of us). Gera S@ likewise tracks walking, cycling, and running complete with an estimation of calories burned.
For Samsung enthusiasts, check out our full range of Expert reviews, latest news and information on Samsung Wearable Tech Products including Virtual Reality, Smartwatches, and Fitness Trackers.
- [Image]: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015JQ62RY/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=iwearthetec00-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B015JQ62RY&linkId=1bfd1347c1d713a5f6f53230ce58b56b
- Samsung Gear S2: http://iwearthetech.com/review-the-samsung-gear-s2-and-the-7-battlefronts-to-watch-in-the-smartwatch-war/
- Top 5 Charms of Samsung Gear S2: http://iwearthetech.com/explore-the-top-5-unmistakable-charms-of-samsung-gear-s2/
- Want to know about the latest Samsung Gear S3? Read our hands on review here: http://iwearthetech.com/hands-on-review-the-samsung-gear-s3-a-fine-product-currently-stuck-in-the-baseball-pickle-hotbox/
- Expert reviews, latest news and information on Samsung Wearable Tech Products including Virtual Reality, Smartwatches, and Fitness Trackers.: http://iwearthetech.com/category/brands/samsung/
Source URL: https://iwearthetech.com/samsung-gear-s2-crafted-for-comfort-and-style/
Copyright ©2017 Iwearthetech